Celtic School of Yoga Workshop
Kinvara, Co Galway, May 19th to May 21st, 2017
The two most beautiful words in the English language, said Henry James, are “Summer Afternoon”.
I know so well what he meant, though, living in the West of Ireland, I would give that honour to “May Morning”.
And to celebrate this, I will be teaching a simple workshop, open to anybody familiar with some kind of yoga, on the principles of the Celtic School of Yoga at my home studio in Kinvara, Co Galway.
Workshop—€120 including a simple dinner on Saturday evening
The workshop will include:
- Yoga Asana
- Music and poetry
- Walks in the Burren to see Holy Wells, May bushes and Spring flowers
- Discussion on the Celtic tradition and yoga
- A chance to drink some amazing hot chocolate
Friday: 18:30 to 20:30 Yoga Practice
Saturday: 10:00 to 12:30 Yoga Practice and music
Lunch (not included) in the Burren chocolate factory (not just chocolate!)
Saturday: 14:00 to 17:00 Walk in the Burren
Saturday: 17:00 to 18:30 Restorative Yoga Practice
Saturday evening: Dinner if people would like it
Sunday 10:00 to 12:30 Yoga Practice
It will be held at the studio in Cloosh, near Kinvara, Co Galway, and will cost €120 for the weekend, not including accommodation or food.
Things to Bring
- if you have a yoga mat, could you please bring it with you.
- A blanket if you have one
- Some loose fitting clothes / yoga clothes to wear while practicing
- Walking shoes
- Anything else you think you might need
Directions to the Studio
- Drive from Kinvara towards Ballyvaughan
- About a mile outside Kinvara, take the 2nd right turn signposted to Traught and Knockgarra
- About a mile down that road, take a left, at a thatched house just before The Traveller’s pub
- Pass one turn to the left
- Take the next left turn at a small fork in the road
- Drive for about a mile and the house is on the right with a stone outside saying “Reflections”
Hope to see you there.
Le dea ghuí
If anybody is looking for somewhere to stay, here is a list of some local accommodation:
+353 (0)91 638562
+ 353 (0)91 638135
+353 91 638222
+353 (0)91 638088
+353 (91) 637 206
Gregan’s Castle (Ballyvaughan)
+353 65 707 7005